October 3, 2010

Jen's Beach Wedding Vintage Rhinestone Centerpieces & Candle Holders


Good Sunday to ya!


Here's what all the Centerpieces looked like for a week before the wedding - it was like living on an orchid farm and little by little all of our regular everyday stuff got stashed making room for everything wedding.

Two days before the wedding we filled the containers with sand so you couldn't see the pots insisde at all - during our 'Morning After' Brunch we emptied the sand cuz I think the sand was suffocating the orchids.  Bought the orchids at the Farmers Market and they were gorgeous!

We had so much fun making these - a few months before the wedding I started to buy up all the glass containers at the Thrifts and we decorated them.  They cost me like 2.99 a piece.   We wrapped them in twine (got a huge bolt at a garage sale for a buck)  then we lined the twine wrap with rhinestone trim, and added vintage rhinestone jewelry and shells to each side.  I've been collecting vintage rhinestone jewels for as long as i can remember - brooches, necklaces, earrings, shoe clips, sweater connectors,  bracelets, and buttons, and didn't know it, but this was what I was saving them for....

Started off with this mess - bringing all the little drawers out to the table to figure out exactly what to do!





Went downtown and bought these bolts of rhinestones




separated and organized everything









painted and decorated the shells too




then decorated all 4 sides of the vases





we used these shorter and taller containers for candles and flowers all over the place


Two nights before the Wedding we set up the tables and started checking stuff out




Our vision was coming alive - I was standing on the band's stage...

NOTE:  About a month before the wedding, we decided to paint the kitchen.  Can you imagine?  We emptied the entire kitchen out, laundry room too, lived with everything spread across the dining room and further, painted and spruced up, then put everything away with 3 weeks left till the wedding.    Crazy, but so worth it!  

I'm blogging that right after this...


13 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful...clever and incredible!
    I love the twine wrapped around the glass vases..
    and of course the rhinestones! What a fabulous
    idea!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Love the contrast of the sparkle with the twine. Orchids, I love orchids.
    I did a post about glaming up shells in a jar with rhinestones earlier this year. I have a hard time gluing them to anything though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, unique idea! The set-up looked beautifull too, I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic those jars look, great job.
    The room looks gorgeous with all the lighting etc.
    Standing by for your kitchen post :o)
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    Love the mix of glass, twine, and rhinestones.

    I know that in person it was even prettier than the photograph.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking - can't wait to see the kitchen Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful, thanks for sharing all those pretty details with us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marsha!
    I love this simple yet elegant idea! I'm happy follower nr 200! Night,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a creative mind, girl! Love those candles! They are perfect for beach weddings. I'm getting ready for my bestie's beach wedding next month. Actually, I'm gonna be her maid of honor, and we've got so much stuff to do before that day comes. Maybe I'll suggest this kind of decorations for the candles to be used at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!
    Also visit my webpage - black friday ads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if
    blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have
    to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    My web page :: Generateur De Code PSN

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin